Vestibular Physiotherapy Services
Our Physiotherapists have advanced training in Vestibular Rehabilitation. We can differentiate where your dizziness is coming from, provide evidence-based treatment and self-management strategies, and support your vestibular, visual, and proprioceptive systems.
Symptoms can occur spontaneously or as a result of trauma or infection. Vestibular disorders can be dysfunction of the inner ear, the vestibular nerve or from head trauma. Your therapist will ask you a variety of questions about your experience of dizziness, vertigo, and/or balance issues to determine the source of your symptoms. Your therapist will perform different tests that may assess your head and eye movements, balance, motion sensitivity, and overall movement and strength.
Common Vestibular System disorders include:
- Head trauma (whiplash, concussion)
- Vestibular system degeneration
- Vestibular system neuritis
- Endolymphatic hydrops/Meniere’s
- Acoustic neuroma
- Migraine associated vertigo
Benefits of Vestibular Rehabilitation include:
- Alleviating spinning sensations and dizziness
- Decreasing motion sensitivity
- Improving balancing and mobility
- Improving reading and concentration
- Decreasing falls risk
- Decreasing headaches
Dizziness is not normal, or something you should have to live with. So book in with one of our vestibular trained Physiotherapists to start improving your quality of life today!