Communicable Disease Plan
This Communicable Disease Plan has been prepared to inform you of
Reformotiv Physio + Pilates practices based on guidelines provided by:
BC Provincial Health Authority | WorkSafeBC | BC Centre for Disease Control | The College of Physiotherapists of BC | The College of Massage Therapists of BC
We ask that everyone comply with the infection control procedures while at the clinic for the health and safety of others as well as themselves. All of our staff have received thorough training on these policies and procedures and each staff member has direct access to our safety plan manual.
Disclaimer: This Communicable Disease Plan has been updated with interim guidance for the prevention and control of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases. It is based on the latest available best practice and scientific evidence. The guidance may change as new information becomes available.
Physical Distancing Measures
- Signs are placed throughout the clinic to showcase our procedures and hygiene guidelines. Physical distancing stickers are used on the floor to help space out clients in the waiting area and direct flow of traffic.
- The intercom system will be used to access entry into the clinic throughout the entirety of our operating hours. Only those with a scheduled appointment will be able to access entry to the clinic (or delivery personnel).
- To limit the number of people in the waiting area, our Client Services Staff (CSS) is to inform clients at the time of booking that they should arrive no earlier than five (5) minutes before their scheduled appointment.
- A plexiglass screen has been placed on the top of the front desk to help create separation between the CSS and the client.
- A contactless payment terminal is available for payment at the front desk; clients will be encouraged to keep a credit card on file for ease of payment and receipts will be delivered via email whenever possible.
- Our Practitioners will consider whether or not the client’s needs can be met via a Telehealth appointment to minimize unnecessary in-person visits.
- All staff are to complete our Health Screen Questionnaire two hours before each shift.
- All clients are to complete our Health Screen Questionnaire before entry into the clinic for their scheduled appointment.
- If anyone exhibits any signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection including but not limited to fever, cough, or any symptoms of COVID-19; have traveled outside of Canada, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we ask that they reschedule their appointment. Call 8-1-1 and consult a Medical Practitioner.
PPE and Hygiene
- All clients and therapists must wear a face mask while in the clinic. If you do not bring your own, disposable face masks will be available for the purchase price of $2 at the front desk.
- Additional PPE may be worn at the discretion of the client and therapist.
- Upon entry to the clinic, everyone must use our supplied hand sanitizer at the front desk.
- Everyone must follow the BC-CDC hand-washing guidelines as posted by each sink.
Updated Cleaning Procedures
- Regular disinfecting of high-touch areas throughout the clinic is completed a minimum of 4x/day.
- Treatment rooms and gym equipment are fully cleaned and disinfected between each client.