Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy in Vancouver
Regain Pelvic Function & Control So You Can Live Confidently
Our registered physiotherapists provide assessment and treatment of conditions involving the pelvic floor muscles. Call us today to book an appointment to start improving your quality of life!
For a lot of people, the function of the pelvic floor is not well understood. If asked to contract the pelvic floor muscles, the majority of people fail to engage the correct muscles.
A healthy pelvic floor needs to be able to contract and to relax when necessary and be strong enough to oppose the pressure coming from the internal forces pushing downward (intra-abdominal pressure). Pelvic floor rehabilitation aims to help clients properly recruit, strengthen and optimize their pelvic floor through methods such as verbal, manual, and proprioceptive feedback, Real-time Ultrasound, habit re-training and education, and customized exercise programs.
Common Conditions We Treat
- Leaking/stress urinary incontinence
- Urgency/over-active bladder
- Painful bladder/Interstitial Cystitis
- Bowel control concerns/constipation
- Nocturia (frequent urination at night)
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Diastasis rectus abdominus (DRA)
- Pain with intercourse (anal or vaginal)
- Contact/vulvar vestibulodynia or vulvar vestibulitis syndrome (VVS)
- Coccydynia (painful tailbone)
- Prostate health/post-prostatectomy care; incontinence/prostatitis/prostatodynia
- Pubis symphysis dysfunction (PSD)/SIJ dysfunction
Pelvic Health is for Everyone
We are committed to helping our clients achieve their best possible health. Our team is here to provide education, support, and comprehensive services tailored to the individual’s needs. We look forward to helping you achieve your health goals!
Who can benefit from Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation?
- All gender identities and expressions
- Pregnant women looking to minimize birthing complications
- Post-partum women
- Clients who want to improve their pelvic floor function
- Clients with pubic, pelvic, tailbone, or lower back pain
- Clients experiencing pain with sexual activities or medical care
Meet Our Pelvic Floor Specialists
Learn more about the amazing team behind Reformotiv
We Offer Direct Billing
Ready to book an appointment?
Contact our office today to learn more about how we can help you improve your pelvic floor function. Our team is here to answer any questions you may have and provide the treatment you need.