Kendall completed her Masters of Physical Therapy at UBC in 2015. Prior to this, she received her Bachelors of Science with Honours in Kinesiology at UVIC.
Kendall’s interest in Physiotherapy began when she had a dance related injury growing up. This sparked her interest in human anatomy and movement patterns. Through her own rehab, she developed an understanding of how beneficial patient education and corrective exercise can be.
As a therapist, Kendall believes in a one-on-one treatment approach, with individualized treatment programs tailored to the client. Her therapy style includes a mix of manual therapy and therapeutic exercise, including Pilates. While Kendall enjoys working with all populations, she has a special interest in dancers, gymnasts, and those with increased mobility. Kendall strives to further her practice with continuing education and collaboration with colleagues.
For a number of years, Kendall utilized her Kinesiology training to volunteer with a rugby team as an athletic trainer. Through this, she had the opportunity to develop quick on-field assessment and treatment techniques. In addition, she developed a great appreciation for the importance of injury prevention for athletes.
Kendall’s appreciation for movement began at an early age, and she was a competitive dancer for 15 years. She still enjoys doing jazz, ballet, contemporary and tap. Outside of dance, she enjoys pilates, hiking, scuba diving, travelling and cooking.
- STOTT PILATES® Rehab Trained Instructor – Mat level 1 & 2, Reformer level 1 & 2
- CPA National Orthopaedic Division Level 1
- Advanced Physical Therapy Lower Extremity Certification
- Advanced Physical Therapy Lumbo-Pelvic Certification
- Advanced Physical Therapy Cervico-Thoracic Certification
- Mulligan Lower Extremity Certification
- Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD) and Orofacial Pain
- Introductory and Advanced Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Concussion Management