Our Physiotherapists trained in IMS are:
- Initial Assessment: 55 mins $130
- Subsequent Treatment: 25 mins $85
- Extended Subsequent Treatment: 40 mins $115
- Extended Subsequent Treatment: 55 mins $150
- ICBC user fee: Initial Assessment – $0, 25 min – $4, 40 min – $36, 55 min – $71
- MSP user fee: $80 initial visit, $45 subsequent visit
book an IMS appointment now
IMS involves the insertion of a very fine, sterile needles into tight muscles to create a reflexive muscle relaxation. In turn, this can relieve muscle tension across joints to reduce pain, inflammation, and restriction. A special assessment is completed to determine if this treatment is appropriate for your condition. After treatment, it is common to be sore up to 48 hours. IMS is usually recommended no more than once a week should treatment prove to be effective.
More information about IMS can be found in our detailed IMS blog post here.