COVID-19 Safety Plan
This COVID-19 Clinic Hygiene and Safety Plan has been prepared to inform you of
Reformotiv Physio + Pilates practices based on guidelines provided by:
BC Provincial Health Authority | WorkSafeBC | BC Centre for Disease Control | The College of Physiotherapists of BC | The College of Massage Therapists of BC
We ask that everyone comply with the infection control procedures while at the clinic for the health and safety of others as well as themselves. Prior to re-opening the clinic, all staff has received thorough training on these new policies and procedures and each staff member has direct access to our safety plan manual.
Disclaimer: This Safety Plan provides interim guidance for the prevention and control of COVID-19. It is based on the latest available best practice and scientific evidence. The guidance may change as new information becomes available.
Physical Distancing Measures
- We have established occupancy limits to help maintain physical distancing of 2 meters/6 feet between all staff and clients in all common areas.
- Signs are placed throughout the clinic to showcase our procedures and hygiene guidelines. Physical distancing stickers are used on the floor to help space out clients in the waiting area and direct flow of traffic.
- The intercom system will be used to access entry into the clinic throughout the entirety of our operating hours. Only those with a scheduled appointment will be able to access entry to the clinic (or delivery personnel).
- Appointment times have been staggered to limit the number of people entering/exiting the clinic at one time.
- To limit the number of people in the waiting area, our Client Services Staff (CSS) is to inform clients at the time of booking that they should arrive no earlier than five (5) minutes before their scheduled appointment OR wait in an alternate area such as their vehicles and the CSS will call them when it is appropriate to enter the clinic.
- A plexiglass screen has been placed on the top of the front desk to help create separation between the CSS and the client.
- Retail food/drink products will be available for purchase behind the front desk and in the fridge in the waiting area.
- A contactless payment terminal is available for payment at the front desk; clients will be encouraged to keep a credit card on file for ease of payment and receipts will be delivered via email whenever possible.
- Our Practitioners will consider whether or not the client’s needs can be met via a Telehealth appointment to minimize unnecessary in-person visits.
- All staff are to complete our Health Screen Questionnaire two hours before each shift.
- All clients are to complete our Health Screen Questionnaire before entry into the clinic for their scheduled appointment.
- If anyone exhibits any signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection including but not limited to fever, cough, or any symptoms of COVID-19; have traveled outside of BC, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we ask that they reschedule their appointment. Call 8-1-1 and consult a Medical Practitioner.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A CLIENT OR STAFF MEMBER DOES NOT PASS THE HEALTH SCREEN?
PPE and Hygene
- All clients and therapists must wear a face mask while in the clinic. If you do not bring your own, disposable face masks will be available for the purchase price of $2 at the front desk.
- Upon entry to the clinic, everyone must use our supplied hand sanitizer at the front desk.
- Clients will have access to our wash station sink in the laundry area as needed.
- Everyone must follow the BC-CDC hand-washing guidelines as posted by each sink.
- Only the compostable cups provided are to be used at our water cooler.
- All therapists in direct contact with clients must wear gloves and eye protection at the discretion of the therapist and client.
- All staff members have designated attire worn strictly for treatment and time-in-clinic only.
Updated Cleaning Procedures
- Our Client Services Team will be cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces throughout the clinic on an hourly basis.
- Extra time is allocated between each appointment to clean and disinfect all treatment rooms, gym equipment, and change linens.
- To minimize exposure, we are limiting washroom access to emergency use only. Clients are advised to use the washroom prior to coming to the clinic for their appointment.